What about the sun’s beneficial effects? The sun plays a major role in the body’s synthesis of vitamin D. Ultraviolet B radiation is absorbed in the epidermis where 70% of previtamin D is synthesized. Almost 100% of the previtamin D is converted to vitamin D within 4 hours of sun-exposure. So, how much sun is required, and could strict sun avoidance lead to vitamin D deficiency?
Archive for August, 2007
August 15th, 2007 Comments off
Categories: vitamin d
- KMMD New Product Development
- When is the best time to get cosmetic procedures such as Botox and filler injections done? How long does it take for a procedure to take full effect?
- Beauty marks, moles and other growths…when is it time to get your body fully checked for skin cancer?
- Lasers 101: A Guide to Procedure Selection for the patient and a focus on Intense Pulsed Light (IPL): The photofacial/fotofacial revisited
- Mohs Micrographic Surgery Video